Total Pageviews

Monday 7 November 2011

New Blog/ Leafs Week 6


This is the first entry of my blog on the Toronto Maple Leafs and the NHL. Now I know starting a blog a month into the season is odd, but I have been considering this for awhile and figure I cant wait for the next season so here we go!

Now this week the leafs have 3 games 2 at home and one trip to St. Louis… with the Panthers and Senators coming to town the Leafs have a good chance at 6 points. However in order to achieve this they will have to overcome the pounding they received at the hands of the Bruins as well as now an injury to Tim Connolly.

All of the teams the Leafs play this week are average the Panthers have played well but aren’t expected to make the playoffs, the Senators record is better than they have played and the Blues just fired their coach. If the loss to Boston has inspired the Leafs to play harder and tighter defensively I believe that all of the games this week are winnable.

There are a few personnel questions this week with the Leafs;  first how will Monster respond to backing up Scrivens for 2 games, and secondly who will be brought up form the marlies to fill the void left by Tim Connolly?

Firstly I believe that the Monster will play the majority of games this week, though I don’t like Monsters style of play I believe he will get the job done for the Leafs.

Secondly who will the Leafs call up? Well this is a bit more difficult; they just sent Frattin down so I doubt he gets the call, Colbourne has been playing lights out in the AHL but it might hurt his development to bring him up too soon. Kadri is always an option he played well at the end of last season for the Leafs in a third line role; I believe he is the most likely option.

Well that’s my thoughts on the Leafs for now , I hope to write at least once a week for this blog  on my thoughts and reactions to the Leafs and Leafs Nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment